Bringing a Chicago North Shore Kitchen Into the 21st Century
Client Profile & Need
A family moving into a home that was built in the 1950s with a kitchen that, in the words of the client, “had not been updated forever.” It was the original kitchen, dark and dreary, with original lighting. It was also very small. A peninsula made it hard to move in the space. The kitchen table was located right next to the door to the laundry room, so the previous owners actually had to move the table to access the laundry room. The client wanted the kitchen updated and enlarged to make better use of the space.
Process & Challenges
Working closely with the client, the Forde team:
- Designed the new kitchen to meet the clients’ needs. This included:
- Enlarging the kitchen by knocking down a wall and extending it into space that had previously been the dining room
- Removing the peninsula, which also added space
- Creating space for cherry cabinets that had not existed previously, as well as a double oven, refrigerator, more counter space and large pantry
- Actually enlarging the laundry room, but relocating the door so the kitchen table would not have to be moved to gain entry
- Assisted in the selection of cherry cabinets with decorative glass doors, tile, backsplash, faucets, fixtures, etc.
- Updated all systems, including lighting, electrical, plumbing, flooring, etc.
Results of the Kitchen Renovation Project
- A kitchen that was larger, more functional and aesthetically pleasing
- A laundry room that was larger and easier to access
- A satisfied client
“The Forde team did great work. The crew was friendly. They cleaned up. They did just a fantastic job. We couldn’t be happier.”
Contact Forde Windows and Remodeling, Inc. to Learn More
We look forward to working with you on your kitchen remodel and renovation. Call (847) 562-1188, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online request form for a FREE consultation with one of the leading kitchen contractors in the Chicago area.